yeah, so.

Second day of the eighth month, lunar calendar. Fifth day of August, and now we're Americanized!

Much has past since, my dog didnt attain a seizure nor turn blue choking to her death. Woke up today feeling strangely alive yet groggy, recalled memories of last night's chemistry tuition then my toe cramped.

My dreams were odd this morning. I dreamt that today had passed and I did nothing. I dreamt that it was 7.46pm and I was standing on the courts at Burghley's (no rebekah, jonas wasnt there haha) having the time of my life but then I woke up with a jolt; it was 7.46am.

9.22am, I'm up again, finally. Mum yelled at me for feeding a third of my donut to the dog. I checked my studying schedule but my mind jumps to November 13th, the box of that particular day in my calendar highlighted orange, pink, green, yellow, blue.

PERTH!!!! here i come.

Did I mention? My brother's being hired by my mother to pull my physics grade from an F9 to an A1. Miracle, he says. He has to pull off a miracle.

A Crash Course In Physics, by John Koh, NSman and 2007 Student of Aerospace Engineering, NTU

A short excerpt:

"OKAY NOW, PRESSURE!"

"Uhhuh."

"WHY DOES WATER GO UP THE STRAW!!!!"

"You havent taught me anything yet! HOW AM I TO KNOW."

"Common sense, idiot, common sense. Besides, youre not stupid."

"Uhhh okay. Um water molecules are sucked up."

"WRONG!!!!!! RED LIGHT FLASHING!!!! No, you suck up the air molecules first, RIGHT??? *EYES BULGE* WHEN THE AIR IN THE STRAW IS LESS THAN THE AIR OUTSIDE, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?"

".... Pressure in the straw is less than the pressure outside."

"OUTSTANDING!!!! ONE MARK! NEXT POINT!"

".... Idunno."

"WHAT ELSE IS ACTING????"

"Atmospheric pressure on the water in the glass?"

"OUTSTANDING!!!!!! YOU SAY THAT AND YOU GET ANOTHER MARK!"

"Okay."

"YOU DONT HAPPEN TO BE FINISHED YET."

".. really?"

"WHY DOES THE WATER GO UP?!?!?!!"

"Uhh. "

"BECAAAAAAAAUSE IF THE PRESSURE IN THE STRAW IS LESS THAN THE PRESSURE OUTSIDE, A NET RESULTANT FORCE WILL BE CREATED IN THE DIRECTION OF HIGH PRESSURE TO LOW PRESSURE, THEREFORE THE WATER GOES UP THE STRAW!!!!!"

"Wheeee."

"OUTSTANDING!!! TAKE DOWN NOTES!"

- - - - -

A Crash Course In Chemistry, by John Koh, NSman and 2007 Student of Aerospace Engineering, NTU

"Dan, your exam is in a month and a day."

"Yup."

"DONT YOU FEEL LIKE YOURE GONNA FAIL CHEMISTRY????"

"But I am!"

"Crazy. Clear your table now! HOW CAN YOU STUDY IN THIS MESS???"

"... You filthy hypocrite!!!"

"The state of my room has nothing to do with your exams."

"Okay im done."

"ALRIGHT! AFTER THIS LESSON YOU WILL LOVE CHEM."

"I hope so."

"WHAT IS AN ATOM!"

"... A thing."

"......."

"Im sorry!"

"WHAT IS AN ATOM!"

"... its really a thing!!!"

"*jabs to chem textbook*"

"*flips to glossary*"

"Okay good. Now define an element and close the book."

"Simplest form of a substance made up of atoms."

"OUTSTANDING!!!!"

"Yayyyy."

"Now I will teach you the basics for building your chemistry as powerful and as good as mine."

"... Okay."

- - - -

My brother charges twenty bucks an hour. Any other takers who wish to join me? He doesnt mind taking in extra students (coughs). That dirty bastard already has a girlfriend!!!!! Tchsk. Whos up for it? He's giving me his sundays, tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays to teach me sciences.

Awwww.

Okay pervertic qualities aside, he's quite a good teacher, really. Makes three hours of a sunday night feel like half an hour of Praveena's lessons in school.

He says he'd have to pull of a phenomenon for me to pass everything though.

How encouraging.

At least I understand pressure now :D.







@gmail
07A11's dead blog
I used to write for...
photosoc!
'Dan With +5 Intelligence'

readingmaterial
Dr. McNinja
McSweeney's Internet Tendencies
My Dad is a FOB
My Mom is a FOB
Perry Bible Fellowship
ThingsWeForget

bryan,
cheryl,
daryl,
faith,
liz,
qianrou,
rebekah,
tristan,
xiangling,
zixin,


inretrospect
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010