driven under
Seether's goooood.
I've this mad jealousy running through me right now because Rebekah and I have been checking out
CHMA and I've only one question: why does our school not have things like these?
I sound like im repeating my previous entry, but I shant. Still, check out the link. Pretty big scale, and apparently its annual and has been annual for a freaking long time.
Oh and they have a RECORDING STUDIO in their school.
Moving on.
We had a blast on sunday. Jaime was dragged out by the group of us ie laura xinjin reen jolene kelly jennifer rebekah perlyn pauline chew and I for her BIRTHDAY SURPRISE! I had to make the dreaded phonecall to her mother asking her for permission to go out (because jaime is, unfortunately, grounded). These things always fall on me huh? :D
Her mum was vaguely frightening but she forced me to disclose my name anyway. So now she will hate me Danielle Koh classmate of Jaime Yong because jaime returned home late and I promised Mrs Yong that Jaime would have returned by 9pm.
Anyway, we put jaime through a series of tasks from 2pm onwards.
For example:
1) She had to go up to the sales girl at Ice Lemon Tee and ask for a glass of ice lemon tea without ice.
2) She had to put on a hair accessory in a shop in Heeren and ask a stranger, "Am I beautiful?"
3) She had to go up to someone in Kinokuniya and say, "I love the book you're reading! ..... What are you reading?"
4) She had to ask for a guy's number. This she left incomplete. GRR.
5) Go to the Roxy store in Pacific Plaza and say to the salesperson, "I ROX. You ROX. The world ROX like ROXY."
6) Go up to a guy in Topman with a hat/cap in hand and say, "I think you'd look good in this hat."
7) Get inside the MPH at Citylink and do five jumping jacks (where everyone can see her).
She got so far! There were originally ten stations. And she did the dares extremely willingly (save for dare #4). She insisted she was going to wait for a cute guy to come along then she'd bother asking.
As you can tell, 8 hours spent out of the house and she didnt see a SINGLE ONE. But this is Singapore. So yeah.
After dinner at Glutton Bay (with Muse coming from the outdoor stage at the Esplanade, yay), Jaime got blindfolded and then led onto a bumboat (which we rented at $6 per person) with everyone on it already and cake and candles.
She nearly missed her footing and drowned.
Then she stood on the deck for a moment before Laura ripped off her blindfold and we sang. Jaime, you were so gonna cry weren't you.
The exchange between Jaime and Laura afterwards:
laura: are you shocked?
jaime: ya.
laura: are you touched?
jaime: .. ya.
laura: cry.
jaime: ...
We spent 45 minutes drifting along the Singapore River, all eleven of us crammed onto the tiny deck of the bumboat, yelling at passing tourists, eating the BEST CHEESECAKE EVER (courtesy of chew), singing random songs and taking the most number of pictures ever recorded being taken on a bumboat in the span of 45 minutes.
I swear I've never seen so many flashes in front of my face in my life.
And I swear that was the best night of 2006.
We got off, laughed and screamed somemore, lighted up the sparklers that chew brought and got stared at by passers-by. A group of schoolgirls on a sunday night playing sparklers next to the outdoor stage?
One could only be jealous of us. Stupid sparklers only lasted a minute though. TMD!!!!
During the train ride home some idiot cursed us on the train because we were being loud. He mumbled it to himself and Laura overheard.
us: .. wahpiang leh want to scold us at least scold to our face right?! stupid guy. come on lets talk louder!!
That night was just...... just awesome. I felt great haha.
I havent gone for Monday night tennis in two weeks. CAN YOU SEE ME EXPERIENCING WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS?!?!?!?!
.. if you can't, I am. If I'm not thinking of songs in my head I'm on the court playing tennis. This is the point in time where you see my eyes turn glossy and I tend to stare at an inanimate object (or worse, someone else, who happens to think im staring at her/him and THAT'S BAD).
And rebekah's next to me going, "I want tenniiiiiiiiis I want druuuuuuuums I hate soccerrrrrr gosh our school is so pathetic."
Not really, but this formed the bulk of our conversation all day. Why do people hate soccer?! It's a SPORT. How to hate?! Plus, goals are just the most gorgeous things ever.
Today Rebekah put her head on my shoulder (from the back) and perlyn said
"You look like a dracula."
"A what?!"
"You look like a dracula."
"I look like a cooler?!"
"FREAKING DRACULA!!!!!!!!!"
"OHHH- HAHAHAHA!"
Fascinating conversations.
04042006; 10:19pm