HAPPY EASTER!

This was how my past week went:



I don't usually bring my superpimp camera to school but I did it for art (oh, art, the THINGS I DO FOR YOU!). Check it out, two weirdos. And my pencilcase. And laura's waterbottle.



This is Froody and he resides on the top left corner of Rebekah's desk (next to mine). His original purpose of existence in this dimension was to house cheese brownies/various deeelishious cahkes from The Baker's Story. As the bright orange sticker reads.

However, after bringing brownies to school one fine day, I gave him teeth. Then eyes. GROWL, FROODY, GROWL!

He now houses things we consider extremely important to have during lessons ie toys you make yourself from the inside of Kinder Surprise. Or handphones. Or tabasco sauce. The like.



This is what I would like to brand as A NIGHTMARE.

On Good Friday, the Acidic Trio (.. im sorry. it was a spur of the moment thing. I had to type it. I couldnt control my fingers. Now I can't backspace. IM SORRY.) went out with GREAT PLANS FOR THE DAY!

That is, we were supposed to go jamming then for tennis at Jaime's in the afternoon.

The day started off great, you know, lunch at Pepper Lunch (can you say 'YUM?') then tried valiantly to change Perlyn's wardrobe (which consists of shapeless jeans and shapeless 37deg/puremilk shirts). Found a decent-looking shirt (WITH SHAPE!) at Forever21 after eternity and then some.

..... REBEKAH, WE ARE VICTORIOUS!!!!!

Headed to Shangstudio. THE ENTIRE BUILDING WAS EMPTY. Empty, empty. We walked in through the doors and stopped. There was this pounding sound coming from upstairs.

Thud.

We walked in a bit more and stared at the unmoving escalators. Then we walked down (the unmoving escalators) to the basement where Shangstudio was very obviously closed.

So we walked up again and WE HEARD VOICES. There was this chikopek-looking dude in the regular chikopek gear of the typical see-through white shirt and grey pants talking to the janitor.

We stood on the escalator, stoned, walked down, stoned, looked at him find his keys to the studio, stoned somemore, and left.

This is it. The story behind not being able to jam. The location was way too shady.

... The moment we dash out of the place there's rolling thunder and huge fat droplets falling from up there.

We get as far as the Coffee Beat outside forum before we have to take shelter. Hence, the picture of the rain while we're sitting at McDonalds.

About 30 minutes later, after discovering the wonders of Toys 'R' Us (rebekah was gleefully playing the toy drumset that was a mere S$30; perlyn found a toy revolver that said 'REAL GUN SOUND!' but sounded like firecrackers) and sitting in McDonalds to wait the rain out, we surrendered.

And took a cab to Bugis for retail therapy (because no jamming, no tennis, damned weather).

Bugis Point is my new shopping haunt. Six floors of cheap, sane, vintage shopping. Well not exactly cheap, considering I bought these pair of adorable vintage one-pair-only earrings from a really interesting shop (very vintage.) for a ***king SGD$25!!!!

To be exactly, $24.90. But hey, one pair only, from Manchester. And adorable. Sigh, the things I do sometimes.

Rebekah was ecstatic with her new bag and new socks. Perlyn was not as enthusiastic about the new shirt we forced her to buy but grudgingly agreed to wear it on the condition she wore a jacket.

Saturday:

I paid a Couch Potato visit to Rebekah's in the morning and we watched Zathura and Friends. The two of us were sitting in the living room squeezing gold pillows/cushions with tassles at the corners while Zathura was playing. (.. exciting what. cannot is it??? the little boy go and retrieve the game from zargons' ship!!!!! AND ALMOST GOT EATEN.)

It was actually quite a good show. Very jumanji, very 21st century, very interesting. Oh, and funny. SHOWS NEED COMEDY! Feelgood kind of thing.

Followed by Friends, which, needless to say, sent us into hysterics. Even though she's probably watched all the seasons so many times (into the tens?) and I've followed Friends diligently every weeknight at 7:30pm on Starworld, we were still giggling wheezily and clutching onto the various decorative cushions on the sofa.

By the way, I swear rebekah has the most comfortable sofa.

Then I went home and STUDIED. MUMMY, DADDY, AREN'T YOU PROUD OF YOUR LITTLE DANNY!!!!!!

After which I crashed at Jac's and Liz's where we worked on oil paintings. I love working in oil.

Oh, and just a personal opinion? I HATE WORKING WITH PURIFIED LINSEED OIL. I need linseed STAND OIL, STAND, STAND STAND STAND STAND STAND STAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a period of time our teacher (her name is Lao Shi) kept buying purified oil and forgetting that we hate it. I think she's finally gotten the message though.

Laoshi got a perm! Wahh, hot stuff yes, Laoshi?

.. After art I changed and waited for my dad to come pick me up. During that time I got a lot of smart cracks. Like how I looked like a waiter.

I can't help it if I just feel like bossa nova ohkay!

I reached Raffles Place late and got more smart cracks. Rebekah kept tugging on my tie and had the habit of dragging me by the tie. Which was, no doubt, uncomfortable.

Geez.

The concert was surprisingly entertaining. It had a kind of contemporary broadway thing going on (for the non-classical items). We sat in the SECOND ROW (because IM SORRY!- we were late) right in front of Jiawei who was being act cool.

But I guess he has a right to act cool. He plays the double bass like a god.

Rebekah slammed her elbow into the armrests of the seat when Mingxuan started his drum solo and grabbed my arm. Now she has a bruise the size of Atlanta. Heeheehee.

The last item was adorable. We were very amused.



This is Perlyn's easter chocolate wrapper stuffed into Darrell's beer can when we went off to grab a bite later on. I never liked beer much (heineken, if i have to). Vodka lime is the way to go, kids!

Got home a little before 11:30pm and mum was waiting up for me. No, not to scold me, as I had anticipated, but to show me her new shoes.

"DAN AH I RESERVE ANOTHER PAIR FOR YOU AT THE SHOP BROWN COLOUR VERY NICE!!"

I always knew she was a tough nut to crack.

16042006; 17:11pm







@gmail
07A11's dead blog
I used to write for...
photosoc!
'Dan With +5 Intelligence'

readingmaterial
Dr. McNinja
McSweeney's Internet Tendencies
My Dad is a FOB
My Mom is a FOB
Perry Bible Fellowship
ThingsWeForget

bryan,
cheryl,
daryl,
faith,
liz,
qianrou,
rebekah,
tristan,
xiangling,
zixin,


inretrospect
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010