MOROSE.
That would be an apt word to describe the weather. I've never seen a gloomier day, everything's grey and... dying away?
Sorry, aint the world's best rhymer!
On a weekend, more specifically a sunday, my parents decide its the RIGHT TIME to hit Chinatown/Geylang Serai, the supposedly preserved cultural heritage (not to mention touristy) locations.
I tell you, Chinatown is insane.
And I love it. I dont even know why. HMMM it must be the Chineseness inside of me (okay i'd stop here to risk sounding like Amy Tan).
I have realised of late, that whenever I "go out" with people, we tend to end up in some kind of cafe and talk for eternity, instead of doing that LONG OVERDUE christmas shopping that desperately needs to be done!
.. Okay, not long overdue. But the deadline is coming. Next. Sunday.
GAH!!!!!!
I have concluded I am allergic to hairdye, so once my hair grows out im never gonna colour it again.
Really! My face gets swollen. And unluckily for me, I do not reckon VJC allows their students to walk through the doors with coloured hair. Which kind of means I have to colour my hair back to black. But the black will just get washed off again and the bleached parts would show AND..
I will have a face redder than a fire engine.
So.
Oh yes, I did get into VJC. I dont think i'd be able to stay there though, considering I feel a lot worse for the o levels than i did for the prelims. They should just freaking do AWAY with prelims so people dont feel bored of studying.
Like in my case.
Yesterday:
laura: would you stay in VJ if you got really good results for os?
me: ... i dont know, maybe not. depends ah! see after one month-
pauline: ....... ARE YOU CRAZY?? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE DYING FOR YOUR PLACE?!?!?!?!?!?
.. But VJC is so FAR.
My mother asked if I was happy with getting into VJC and im like yeeeeeeeah im okay with whatever. And she was like THAT'S SO TYPICAL OF YOU cos apparently I dont seem to care about much.
She is wrong here. And not being very smart about it. If i didnt care, I wouldnt have studied for my o levels.
But anyway. Not happy because I think junior college is a waste of time. They should just give us two more freaking years of secondary school then pack us all to universities.
Not happy because, of late, I have been very unhappy and depressed, like the weather. I have been completely morose (new word addiction, im sorry).
Despite having watched a happy, feel good movie yesterday (The Holiday; jude law's eyes are frickin GORGEOUS and jack black never fails to be frickin funny), after which I was filled with a kind of stupid blind happiness for about ten minutes, before I realised how..
.. Never you mind.
Orchard Road was filled with throngs of people at the unbelievable time of 10pm. You cant even MOVE. 10pm!!!! And you know why????
MIDNIGHT SALE!!!!!!
Darn, of all the days we gotta hit town, we have to do it on the midnight sale saturday.
There were loads of photographers walking around with their bigass cameras and their bigass tripods, probably taking the christmas lights and probably did not expect so many stupid people to be in their way while they are taking the christmas lights-
.. Ramble. My apologies. I just kind of wanted to take pictures too, I suppose. Except there was no space and I am too short and I kept. being. SHOVED.
Hate crowds!
I read the news about the new head of the UN being sworn in and critisising the previous dude (whats his name again? it was complicated, i know) and wanting to rid the UN of corruption bladity bla. Want to reunite the nations. Want to make UN more efficient (i mean seriously, they took so long to realise they were inefficient?!).
Hope that happens, but I kind of doubt it.
This morning Jennifer woke me up with a hilarious message:
"I dreamt jude law and joojiguy came to singapore and i was there! then i don't know why but i was working with them, and oh my GOODNESS. joo hugged me!! haha!?!! AHHH :D i love sleeping! hahahahahaha."
..TELL ME WHY I DONT GET DREAMS LIKE THAT.
Sarah you SELL-OUTER YOU. YOU!!!!!!!!!!! You lucky I didnt gut you out the last time I saw you on Friday! My mother was there, see. Couldnt commit cold murder right in front of her! :((((( you make me sad mannn.
17122006; 06:35pm