hello
Today was a good, happy day.
Well, that's subjective. But it was a good and happy day for the most part.
OG JTS: CUPID!!! :D
This coming saturday
5pm
Orchard MRT
(Bring a lot of money because Lisabelle wants NYDC! oh the horror.)
06/07 A11 JTS
Next sunday night
My place
We're eating take-out! Okay actually the latter hasnt been confirmed. Because im not sure if all are okay with chilling out and
take-out (yeych!) but company is all that matters, right?
But I bet the seniors want to form a bottomless chasm in our pockets. Does being a junior mean being in perpetual poverty?
:(
Anyway we went for our first Student's Council meeting (as nominees, please) today. Alessa was kind of apprehensive and all about the whole Student's Council business (this is besides the fact she dragged me along to write down our names and take an application form where i got attacked mercilessly by councillors from all directions and then put my name down) and had The Withdrawal Feeling.
But now she feels totally on about campaigning! Campaigning is the part I would hate the most. I hate campaigns. I think it is pointless putting up posters, no matter how nice, because from the view of an apathetic cynic such as I (or, the one who tops the list, LO YI CI), I dont really care. As in, when I was in secondary school, yes, I've seen campaign after campaign, but I've also seen how someone got elected head prefect without a single poster being put up, without giving out silly bribes such as lollipops, without sticking labels on their classmates' backs in desperate promotion.
Because she gave SUCH great impactful speech eh? Problem is, I dont think I have great speech skills. And the SC might think im a lazy bum (that statement has truth haha) for not doing anything at all.
Ah heck.
I think its because I cant be bothered with politics. Because politics is crap. Speeches are basically crap too, its just the way you deliver it. Campaigns are even worse. Our class was having a very interesting discussion during breaks today (we had many many many many! I love wednesdays and fridays. and we had this almost 3-periods-long break after PE and before Econs lecture, when we discussed many stimulating things indeed eg topics like how yici and nicholas met) with the usual people.
It started off with our CT asking if we wanted to go for some Democratic Socialist party talk. Which led to Daryl asking everyone's views on politics. And then it went on to various social issues such as abortion and premarital sex and gay rights.
Turns out our class is against abortion, for and against premarital sex, and FOR GAY RIGHTS (except the catholic high guys, because they are extremely homophobic).
What is wrong with cat high guys!? They are all generally homophobic and racist.
Anyhow, my house is in a state of chaos. Because its so old, the ceiling kind of is becoming old and uh, mouldy... okay whatever. But yes, we had the false ceiling for downstairs replaced today.
My mother is being very, very anal. The house is covered in a layer of fine white dust. When I came home and walked in, I felt like I was moving around in fog.
The dog was depressed beyond words for being locked up in my room the entire day. But if she were to set foot downstairs, she would turn from brown-patches to completely white and then would have to be renamed Dusty.
Dusty the Dog.
.. wtf.
I'd be off to do my work now and watch soccer. I know those two cant be done together, so I foresee that I'd be doing econs late into the night...
:(
Either that or I wouldnt do econs. Hello??? Cheering for your country is way more important! Besides, I am a Patriot. I love uh, blue fooball jerseys, because they are TOTALLY our national colours. Yes.
But seriously, WHY IS THAILAND WEARING RED?!?!?!?
Oh speaking of sports, I realised I never blogged about the Australian Open (long gone). All I have to say is: Roger Federer is a freak of nature.
31012007; 08:53pm