tread carefully, danny!

The Liberated Plague

So it's back to window shopping
on Aphrodite Street
for the apples are stacked and juicy
but some are death to eat.

For just one generation
the plateglass turned to air-
when you look for that generation
half of it isn't there-

An ugliness of spirit
leered like a hunting dog
over the world. Now it snarls and whines
at its fleshly analogue.

What pleased it made it angry;
scholars Flaunt and Vaseline
taught that everything outstanding
was knobs on a skin machine.

Purer grades of this metaphysic
were sold out of parked cars
down alleys where people paired or reeled
like desperate swastikas.

Age, spirit, kindness, all were taunts;
grace was enslaved to meat.
You never were mugged till you were mugged
on Aphrodite Street.

Sweetness was so brief before contempt-
the fish above, the bait below-
but much that stretched like good faith then
is truly rubber now.

Apples still swell, but more and more
are literal death to eat
and it's back to window shopping
on Aphrodite street.

- by Les Murray.

- - - -

Can you say 'awesome'?

School today was surprisingly fun and I hate to say that. Because I'm supposed to be a lost, completely disturbed teenager with no care for school or any higher order of the sort.

OH WELL.

I even enjoyed ECONS TUTORIAL, would you believe that? Well that was because we played Taboo during lesson and it was beyond hilarious. I didnt get a THING about the lesson though.

:D

Although, I wasted a hell lot of time after school. Lessons ended at 2pm, Alessa and I slacked away in the igloo until roughly four (pool and playstation room. the playstation room IS DAMN NICE TO LAZE IN can just go to sleep) before we went to stone tables to slack then went to canteen to slack then...

.. well you get my point. Then we met Siqin and Bong then SUDDENLY everybody vanished for floorball tryouts! Except one pathetic soul (read: me) who sat in the canteen like a loser waiting for tennis trials before Darel (yes, its Darel, as i have found out. Not darrell, not darryl, not daryl!) saved me briefly from dying in my solitary state.

After which I found out trials got cancelled due to the timely downpour. The coach tried to get us to play, but everything kinda splashed around listlessly in puddles...

And well yeah, at 6pm a fresh new bout of rain came. Talk about standed in school!

The thing about a new school is new people! And new people have this compulsion to ask about your name again and again and again and again... especially if your name is something like mine.

But honestly, I dont know what's so hard to enunciate/spell about my name.

Danielle: Daniel but femalized.

TADAH!!!!!!

Took a painful one and a half hours to get home today thanks to rush hour. Alessa and I nearly killed ourselves in the process (our bus took freaking long to come!). We were wet, cold and unbelievably hungry.

Like little beggar girls. Except you know, for the fact she's not very little (im the Littlest of Them All) and I wasnt wet. But we were hungry. So hungry that we drooled at the sight of food commercials on TVmobile.

You know what I've realised; I've got extremely weird taste in guys. It's either you have to look (not GOOD as in conventionally) really interesting or you could be a complete dork OR you could feed my paedophilia.

Not literally though. My point is... I have no point. Hows this, little boys are damn cute!

... You know everything I say type seems to come out wrong so HAHA im going to bed. Goodnight folks.

Footnote: MUSE CONCERT. Jiawei's going. Oh whats new whats new.

15012007; 11:51pm







@gmail
07A11's dead blog
I used to write for...
photosoc!
'Dan With +5 Intelligence'

readingmaterial
Dr. McNinja
McSweeney's Internet Tendencies
My Dad is a FOB
My Mom is a FOB
Perry Bible Fellowship
ThingsWeForget

bryan,
cheryl,
daryl,
faith,
liz,
qianrou,
rebekah,
tristan,
xiangling,
zixin,


inretrospect
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010