caffeine from a stubborn machine.
I was contemplating the sweet prospect of not turning up in school this morning, since it takes me so darned long to get to school, even longer to get home, and school lasted all of two hours.
But I'm glad I went anyway! Even though Chinese New Year celebrations in school were kind of dull (save for ICS, i support you, Simran!!! and Tristan's housecomm catwalk, I SCREAMED FOR YOU OK TRISTAN!) it was fun slacking about in the hall.
And of course, doing mass dance after celebrations was hilarious. We, being trang al zeyi jonathan nicholas xiangling (the most shocked of all) daniel and me, couldn't remember the steps to save ourselves and resorted to staring at Daryl in open-mouthed astonishment. He could remember ALL the steps to ALL six dances.
...That's it. ALL HAIL DARYL!!!
After which, Zixin and I proceeded to the ol' good secondary school. This documents our journey:

The lovely double-deckered 76. We had the entire second level to ourselves whoopee!

Out the window.

Sleepy.

Is there an old cambridge?!

Looking down on a busstop, highly exposed.

Cranes. Did I mention I love construction sites (when im not close enough to see/smell/hear the pollution)? Because of concrete, yellow plastic helmets and bulldozers and whatnot.

Somewhere in Serangoon. I think this looks like a rundown tiny town in another country.

A picture of the St Nicks canteen, for all of you out there in VJC who don't believe me when I say its three times the bloody size of VJC's! And, I was standing with my back towards six more stalls, take that. :D
Zixin and I had secondary school food and lazed around in the canteen because the atmosphere was just great. It wasn't too crowded, we had a whole table (with a ceiling fan overhead!) to ourselves then we kind of just spaced out and sat there for a really long time.
It was nice. And we didn't feel much like moving. I wasnt sure if it was the overall feeling of being back in st nicks, or just the wind coming in from the canteen balcony. The weather was grrreat.
After which, we finally dragged our lazy asses to scour every inch the staff room, our main intention being to find Potato (ex-chinese teacher).
I found Gan! Gan was shocked at my A1 for physics. What, I feel insulted now. He's not supposed to be so surprised. "WHOA YOU GOT A1 AH GERRRR?! Your class got one failure know. Know. How like this?"
We found Potato. My reason for searching for her was to prove to her that a B3 in higher chinese is highly possible despite getting grades C and lower for my entire life and without paying attention during her lessons.
Zixin was very sad that my chinese ended up being better than hers. Potato was unbelieving as well. "HAH?! Ni kao bi ta hao?!" Excuse me! Why do teachers think so lowly of me.
We completed our mission of Finding Teachers and retreated back to my place for much TV watching. Burned through Crash, but then Zixin had to leave :(
Crash was pretty good. I loved the angles and its basically social commentary, which I quite like.
I was in a considerably good mood today. Someone pointed out that my bag was red today. Yes folks, I am finally getting into the Chinese New Year spirit, be proud of me! I even donned red socks. Complete with my red wallet (haha, thanks CHRIS), I felt extremely lucky indeed.
Mum's cranky of late. If you knew her, you'd know never to approach her when she's preparing for a truckload of guests to arrive in the near future. Just a few moments ago she was hysterically yelling, "I HAAAATE CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!!!"
Scaaaary! No one should be allowed to hate Chinese New Year, it's way too festive. Though I detest the fact I'm close to no one in both my parents' families, including the cousins, because my parents are both the youngest in their respective families. Meaning, I'm ALMOST the youngest among the cousins. Most of them tend to be in their thirties, golly gee.
By the way, my house is open for visiting, my mother wants to meet all my friends (?! I have NO IDEA whats up with her) so just pop by anytime from saturday to tuesday, especially if you want to receive hongbaos. I think she actually wants all my friends to eat all the chinese new year goodies in the house . We have a severe overload of food, I kid you not.
Zixin is still one of the funniest people I know:
She called me Bog, and when I asked her why, this was her reply (what a rhyme), "I called you Bog because you are so full of shit!"
"I'm so tired of walking, can we roll?" (when we were walking home from school)
"Who needs mirrors when you have shadows?" (when tying her hair while walking home and looking at the pavement to see if her hair looks fine)
You go, Zixin!
16022007; 07:07pm