everybody's changing.
Ive realised that since the removal of my 17th birthday post, my blog is now filled with extremely boring, extremely short posts.
I would alternatively type that as "extremely boring and short posts" but I just have to emphasise the extreminity (no such word! dont even ask) of it all. But that is not my point. My point is.. I'm sorry. Jc life is just too hectic to handle and I havent many pockets of free time to blog lately, much less do anything else. I am kind of missing tennis (rebekah!!!! rebekah!!!! can you hear me? haha) and jamming and
LIFE in general.
The past two days have been terrible, I have no idea why. Its like something suddenly hit me (perhaps like a truck that horns, "WAKE UP!". Or just a truck. That hits. Concrete mixer?) that I have not much of a point in life. In fact, no, I do not have any point in life. What the hell am I doing in jc? What the hell am i doing at all!
This morning a bunch of us were talking and rambling about the pointlessness of life and restlessness in general when we realised how fucked up life is. So there you go! Life is fucked up, and it is all up to us to decide whether we want it to stay that way! :) And of course, I did spend the day musing over this (with various extremely helpful people, such as Xiangling, Al, Zeyi [who is so sick of life when he was genuinely sick, he wanted to die, what the?], Yvonne [who is DEEP! whoa] and Daryl [who probably feels exactly the way i do] and what we could possibly do to get our lives back on track. After school Daryl and I were pondering endlessly over why we feel like that, but we didn't really come to much of a conclusion (daryl:"OH LETS LEARN SOMETHING. LIKE CROSS STITCHING!") so we went home to stone and think somemore.
Well, stoning in my case and probably thinking in his. Like what Cupid gave me for my birthday.
I feel like tearing my hair out somewhat. But that would be unwise and painful, I suspect. Like waxing. Although I've never done waxing. But it looks painful.
Hmm.
Oh yes.
In a flash of godknowswhat (definitely not inspiration, probably more like insanity), I did sign up to be an OGL for orientation2. Actually it wasnt much of a choice, since my class is half IP and IP is going away during O2 for some Malaysia camp thing. So you could say it was completely against my will. Even Yici is going to be one. YICI the Cynic, yes. We might scare everybody off with a, "VJC no life. No point. No point in life. My life has no point. I hate school. Life sucks."
... That is kind of scary and unlike me. Dear Yici, I think your pessimism is rubbing off me at last. But hey, do go ahead and insult me all the time! You are my entertainment. Free entertainment somemore.
I have no life. And a lot of homework.
I just spent an unbelievable amount of time doing my KI essay on Cartesian scepticism. I think I picked the wrong topic: my question is to write a response on it.
What I wasn't thinking about is..
HOW TO WRITE A 1000-WORDED RESPONSE???
I probably could if I felt very strongly about the subject. Unfortunately, I'm not too keen on spending an hour and a half pondering over whether Descartes' malicious demon is deceiving me or not. Hmm.
People have remarked lately that I look very tired/drained. It's the sleep-deprivation! I have no idea why but I havent been sleeping too well of late. And now I look like (I quote Jonathan) I walked out from House of the Dead.
Hmm I realise this place has been getting a lot of traffic lately and I dont have even have a tracker, but it turns out most of the class actually FOLLOWS this page! (It's quite scary, because suddenly people would be talking about things I've published before and I'd be all, "HOW DYOU KNOW THAT??") Which is very startling. Why would anyone want to read about my whining over life? Ha ha ha.
I shall repost my 17th birthday happenings now. Sorry to all of you who've read it before, bear with me!
- - -
[This was supposed to be published on 24th February 2007 at 0426hours and now its back with a vengeance! Clap your hands and say yeah. And with my revision, so it's probably a lot less rambling and mainly just pictures and thank you shout-outs]
For the 23rd of Feb babies:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY XIANGHUI
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAREL
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ME
For the 24th of febs:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEHUITime passes too quickly. One moment, you're born and the next, you turn seventeen.
Too fast!!!!!? Anyway for the curious (and why do I keep getting this question, 'How does it feel like to be seventeen?'), quite frankly, it's exactly the same as sixteen. I woke up yesterday and I completely forgot it was my birthday, my parents didnt exactly wish me because they did so at 12am and it wasnt until I checked my phone birthday messages that it hit me.
Ha ha. See? No difference.
School was exactly the same, just that more people want to shake your hand than usual.
And get you into a koi pond. Or any water body, for that matter.

Yici's the camerawoman for the day. "Haha okay I shall take a FULL-BODIED dry picture of you!!! (insert maniacal laughter)" Xiangling and Dan The Stoner.
It was either get in yourself or get thrown in. But I sat on the edge for maybe two seconds too long (i was looking at the koi, they suddenly seemed larger than usual) and someone (i think it was Ray) caught me completely unaware used bodily force to push me in.
!!!!
Oh well. At least the fish swam away from the Big Foreign Yellow Object (read: yours truly). I suppose they must have had a traumatising day, with Darel having already gone in once before to splash around. Like a fish.
But anyway. [edit] I've only put in the pictures, because the rest of the post was seriously too long. I was possessed by The Ghost of Long Posts (haha the rhyme was actually not intended).

..

The koi pond in school. This was Cupid's ingenius idea.

Yay thank you Cupid! This is so very cute indeed.

Darel and his birthday speaker that looks like him. (it really is a speaker)

My brother and his girlfriend gave me SEVENTEEN PRESENTS. Oh my goodness. They were so SWEET. They hid seventeen items around my room :))) I LOVE MY BROTHER!

Ann stayed over: Pictures of me sleeping. She loves to do that.
And of course, thanks very extremely much to YEOSIQIN who called me from the US during math tutorial! I didnt know it was her because my phone registered the number as Unknown, so I hung up on her and she called again later after school!!!
!!!!!! I was yelling her name out at the stone tables. :DDDD THANK YOU qin!
So the day went as follows: I went for lessons (trudging along), got dunked after school, dashed home to wash Essence of Koi off, met Laura/Jaime/Kelly/Xinjin/Jennifer for birthday dinner at Fish&co, then went home at 11pm to find Ann! :D Who stayed the night.
The day ended on a high with the stayover. But phew, seventeenth birthdays are tiring.
- - - -
Alright that was my post. Are you happy, kids!
Ohoh, and VJC seems to be The Place To Meet. Turns out my kindergarten friend, the infamous Daniel (who exclaimed that he wanted to marry Elizabeth) is in VJC too. And today, YONGTAT, my good seating partner friend (other than you of course, Chris! :D) from primary4D yelled out my name in the canteen. Apparently I look exactly the same, so he can recognise me, and I can only recognise his voice. How strange.
28022006; 10:44pm