whose skin is this design?
I'm feeling pretty sore about the VJC teeshirt design competition, because I heard from a (coughDARELcough) very reliable source that people are using photoshop brushes and fancy fonts and all that.
I mean, ANYBODY CAN USE THE DAMNED BRUSHES.
Which is why we are feeling outraged. Cheated. You know, that kind of thing.
Ah well. I cant say that mine were outstanding designs, so forget it haha. Whatever goes, just that I hope we get a nice tee for 2007.
Anyway. I am facing possibly the biggest decision of my monotonous life so far: To stay in Students' Council, or not to stay?
That is the question.
I've been asking for general opinion; this is the response:
brother: *whacking the steering wheel while driving* DANNNNN?!?!?! I CANT DECIDE THINGS LIKE THAT FOR YOU!!!!!!
simran: OMG YOU CANT WITHDRAW. BECAUSE IF YOU DO THEN I WOULD THINK OF WITHDRAWING TOO.
.. Okay I can only remember two.
But that's besides the point. The point is... I HAVE NO CLUE. Honestly, I think very lowly of myself in terms of 'responsibility'. That word is probably not even in my personal dictionary. Thing is, people seem to think I have a very guaikia face or I Am A Good Leader face or something, because secondary four was a BAD YEAR INDEED.
Planning that one junior camp in June nearly KILLED ME. I was really, really, really reeeeeally ready to fling myself from the 87th storey of The Stamford.
Because you see, in June 2006, we had two weeks of what shall be known as 'extra lessons', when in fact they are torture sessions meant to rip away our holidays.
On top of which, Art Foo was demanding to see our 'O' level art projects WHICH we were supposed to have started on in February or something of the sort. But I havent. Because I am that kind of indecisive idiot, forever changing topic, changing proposal, changing.. whatever.
Moving on.
ON TOP OF WHICH, we had that stupid camp. Which was scheduled to be in March, and we planned the itenary for March, but at the last minute got changed to June instead. Yes, right before prelims.
Let me tell you, I really loved CCA then.
Which gave me about a bloody week of holiday, if you can even call it a 'holiday' anymore, because it was more like a mad rush to finish all 'holiday homework' (i hate that phrase; its the most ironic thing ever) AND to finalise my art AND to get started.
Yeah, finalise my art. I'm a late starter. While during this time everybody was like, OHH are you going back to school for art today? OHHHHH yeah im going back to paint! I'm almost done with my painting :D it's only two metres wide after all.
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
I tell you, I was all ready to tear myself asunder.
Then I worked like a maniacal thing for about seven weeks (hohoho YOU MAY THINK THIS SOUNDS LIKE A LONG TIME BUT do not be deceived. this stupid project is supposed to take me at least TWO TERMS to complete. which is why i am so going to not get my A) to churn out something remotely resembling an O level art project. Throw in extra lessons in school, math remedials and mockexams every single day, I could tell you that life then was fine and dandy.
Although I survived the ordeal of 2006 in the Months I Will Never Forget For The Rest Of My Life Until Something More Lifechanging Occurs, I kind of get the impression my planning/time management sucks.
Which is kind of, oh how to say,
essential for SC?!
This was such a long boring rant. I'm sorry you guys had to be put through it. If you skipped the chunk though, GOOD FOR YOU!
I cannot believe people are asking me about campaigning and slogans and searching for pictures for their POSTERS. THIS IS ALL HAPPENING TOO FAST.
Oh yes, that reminds me. Something I have always wanted to say:
Does it or does it not seem like VJC is always in some kind of perpetual rush?
Such as, we are the first junior college to start lessons proper, with timetables, assigned teachers, fixed lectures and all that, while other schools were all having 'trial' lectures and going home at 12pm each day.
SC selection has taken place before the second intake even steps into the school. I dont know any other school having students giving speeches or campaigning in February (coincedentally, my birthday month. What a glorious month it shall be for me).
And the electing results are going to be released on the 23rd of February. Does that date not RING A BELL????????
When the schedule for February was being flashed during an SC meeting I immediately searched for that day because i KNEW KNEW KNEW that someting was going to be arranged then. Call it intuition haha. I swear, it must be some kind of omen, though, if the results are out on the 23rd. Good or bad omen, I cant tell, because birthdays havent exactly been awesome, but they dont suck. It's kind of neutral.
What's with me tonight, I'm on some kind of pointless ramble!!!!!! ARGH. It must be because we started the day off (I must admit though, I was happy before lessons started because I got very little sleep the previous night. It happens. I get high. Let me elaborate on why I slept late later on) with a KI lesson, forcing us to analyse an argument about euthanasia.
Whaaaaaat the heck, first lesson of the day, we all felt so mentally drained afterwards. And they throw us a math lecture, not very kind!
Okay. As I said, slept late. BECAUSE I WATCHED PRISON BREAK EPISODE 15 BEFORE SLEEPING HAAHAHAHA.
I love that show. I worship that show. I would work on that show for freaking free. I WOULD PAY TO WORK FOR PB.
Yes.
And, if you are a watcher of Prison Break yourself then you would understand, I couldnt sleep after watching it. The content is just too.. stimulating. The ending such a cliffhanger, typical of PB episode endings, the storyline so twisted and COMPLETELY unexpected....
Work of bloody art!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINGLI.
01022007; 11:32pm