the postal service.
Actually I've no intention of blogging today, I HAD the intention, but then the feeling and inspiration completely evaporated then I realised something cool.
It's currently 12:34am on 24th March 2007. On my page tracker, it says that I've already had 13 visits.
In 34 minutes!!!!!
Oh my oh my oh my! Blog break-through indeed. Thank you for the support, fans, haha. And to reward you, I suppose I shall speak of my dreadful day.
23rd March 2007: My Dreadful DayActually it started off wonderfully. It started off with one of the most interesting geography lectures of the year (okay I'm biased. I like human geography, so shoot me) and this lecture ended 15 minutes early despite starting 27 minutes late!
Awesome. Can you see why it's so good already?
Okay I'm kidding! The content was juicy.
Anyhow, the Geoggers ended up sitting in the canteen drinking tea and having breakfast while the Historians were still stuck in some drony, mind-numbing lecture that later Jonathan came out of and complained about. But hey, which lecture does Jonathan not complain about? :D
Or sleep in, for that matter.
Because of our three period break on Fridays, we ended up sitting in the canteen from 9am to 11am. Liberating, I tell you. I love not doing anything, and this is exactly what I missed from st nicks, just plain sitting around in classrooms and talking and eating and just good ol' chillin' out.
:)
So yes, I was a happy college student for a while. And then descended upon us... a math lecture. GRWAR I got tricked into attending this one by Eunice!!!! No!!!! Under-handed... dirty... tricks... she told me that we'd be starting a new topic today, so I decided that my math was in desperate need of salvation and a skipping a lecture on a new topic would just seal it's fate forever as a U.
:(
But then, we didn't start on a new topic! I WAS CHEATED OF ONE LECTURE!
:O
.. Okay enough strange smileys.
So we plunged on, 15 minutes late for the next lesson, a math tutorial (don't blame us, please) on trigonometry. I tell you, trigonometry is the bane of my existence. It really is. I cannot understand a THING.
Neither can I tie a VJC tie. But that's besides the point. The point is... today was my first Tie Day of my life. I've never worn a formal tie. And I can assure you the tie adds so much colour to the uniform, we should be made to wear it every day such that people would stop mistaking me for pillars and columns or part of the walls. I have such unfortunate skin colouring after all.
Anyhow after math (the torture) comes lit (the reward). AHHH you have no idea how it different both lessons feel. Lit shouldnt even be called a
lesson. And today's teaching (not lesson!) was one of the BEST EVER!
It was more like a KI lesson. Yet also an art lesson. Yet somehow all tied to literature. What is art?
SIGH. So very fun.
Our class's house banner was painted afterward, with Tristan giving directions while sitting on a chair watching us because he is very much Handicapped.
Capital 'H'.
I like our banner! And I'm in the very house-y mood of late, it's got to be Tristan's fault. The day before Yvonne, Audrey and I helped him with the Aquila house notice board! Which is, ahem, very nice.
:D.
.. Okay you know what, this is not sounding like a dreadful day at all. But you just wait.
After THAT, Yici and I covered the Igloo (student's lounge) first anniversary of many others to come. Today I actually held a dslr in my hands for more than 20 minutes (my previous record). I think about one hour! Wow! And now I finally know more theory about my camera.
I mean, when I use my camera I dont really think so much. I just.. snap, damnit! Technicalities never fail to elude me. But theory definitely helps the practical.
Yici was about to kill herself, I think. But we prevailed. And I just hope I managed to get some decent shots while snapping away like...
Ginger snaps?
Okay I don't know what snaps.
Like Snap! The GAME!
.. Okay I shall stop the ramble.
After which we kind of got caught in the biggest thunderstorm to hit the East Side since 1862 or something.
... Okay and once more, you know I'm talking nonsense.
But yes, we were caught in a storm, that is a Big Fact. I almost drowned and my feet was practically swimming in my asics, but YICI AND I MADE IT (TO THE SCHOOL BUSSTOP)!
Yahoo!
Okay then I think my day went downhill from the moment the weather decided to rebel against be.
Oh wait. Prior to that, before leaving school, my umbrella refused to listen to momma and open. I was struggling with the damned blue plastic stupid inanimate thing until Yici came along and did it smoothly+swiftly+very easily = Dan Was Very Angry indeed!
And then the rain stopped after I got onto the bus. That was probably, oh, say, five minutes later?
OH MY.
Not to mention the Snapple Machine incident. I dont even want to talk about it. The damned machine didnt like me and didnt accept a single coin I put in, even though I really wanted to drink Mango Madness.
Yici came along and everything went in.
WHAT THE HECK?!
When I got home, squishing along in my shoes, I realise that my school bag is completely soaked through.
But lucky I put my file into my bag because it's totally dry, yet when I pull Great Expectations out, it almost disintegrated in my hands!!!!!!!
I wouldnt mind if a few math tutorials were to break down but MY GREAT EXPECTATIONS?????? NOOOOOO. JUST AS I WAS ABOUT TO LOOK FORWARD TO A GREAT NIGHT OF UM, EXPECTATIONS!
So after dinner, I was blow-drying Dickens, which I was trying very very very hard not to dog-ear or maul because I tend to do that to my books (I've noticed), especially ones we end up doing for lit texts in school.
:(
After dinner, also, I tried to play House: season1 from Gwyneth. What the hell did Nicholas do to the first disc ah Nicholas?!?!?!?! My brother says you spoilt it, because only the second disc would play!!!!
So there you go. Even the cd is rebelling against me today.
Then I try to turn on my computer and OH MY HELL it wouldnt even start up! No no no! Technology hates me!
Like umbrellas and snapple machines do.
I ended up with
a) no storybook
b) no computer
and then Zixin called and we had a very pressing problem indeed so
c) a Pressing Problem.
Then I got a little stony, because when I have nothing to do all I do is stone. Not sleep, not talk, not write (okay i admit, sometimes write), not draw but stone.
Oh well. There should be a career for spacing out.
And finally, my brother got my computer to run on Linux (which just means it's my Windows that is on strike) and suddenly I become much less Stony and emo while talking to Sarah (ahhh the nostalgia) and discussing photography and life and emails and PHOTOS (again) and her pretty 400D (which she calls her 'Baby') and her Federer-bear (which she recently bought) and MORE PHOTOGRAPHY because photography is Satisfying.
Oh, isnt
this very nice? Darel showed it to me and I dont think he's been in the right frame of mind lately, just more incoherent than usual. Hmm and I realise tonight I spoke of photography in all my online conversations, haha.
Aaaaand I want to paint like that. But right now let me focus on getting water-colour straight. Then I can paint the streets of Hong Kong (that is my goal until June, before I switch to something strange again like... who knows, charcoal?!) because I saw a very inspiring painting in Hong Kong, just black and white but its GORGEOUS.
It's GORGEOUS!!!!
So I am, in fact, very inspired.
And no Cheryl, I dont mix my own pigments for painting. Haha!
Well I know I dont sound very depressed anymore, somehow coming online made me feel better. I think I just needed to talk to someone about anything rather than stone about.
And I've also noticed that with my coming into VJarts stream, my ability to ramble has since improved very much! I mean, look at the length of this blog post. And I wrote a few letters lately, each at least four pages long! That's amazing! I've never ever been able to sustain letters. I must be getting too much practise from 1000-worded essays.
And I think I've got to sleep before I am Miss Zombie #1 in the morning. Darn.
24032007; 01:32am