time machine, please.
I'm feeling so stretched out lately, I havent had a time to breathe and relax until now since I woke up at 6.30am yesterday.
You see, friday went as follows:
I woke up, went to school, had a geog lecture, maths tutorial and lit tutorial (seriously, we should just have lit and go home) then sped off to meet my mum at the immigration authority... thingie... to update my passport photograph in case I couldnt leave the country/enter Hongkong in March.
I was there at 2:30pm. I had a queue number, and in the queue there were EIGHTYSIX people in front of me.
And then, they told me to collect my passport at 5.40pm that day, at another counter.
FIVE FORTY. At that time, it was barely four o' clock.
Talk about inefficient rigid systems. Why cant they let me collect my passport another day?
My mother volunteered to stay to collect it for me (THANK YOU MUM you are the best) while I made a very futile attempt to get a cab since the rain showed no sign of stopping anytime soon.
I hate when I have to go out on rainy days. Cabs just DONT STOP FOR YOU because theyre all hired. Taxi stand queues (oh my goodness, MORE QUEUES?!), well, were just not worth it.
I made the choice to take the train. At least its constant. I was about an hour late meeting Zixin and Lorraine, because I had to go home from yiochukang station, shower, change, grab stuff and money, then go back to yiochukang station.
And I managed to complete this task in an HOUR. Without using cabs, too! Because none of them would stop for me. Theyre all HIRED.
I hate cabs. On rainy days.
In fact, we weren't all that late for Live In New Wave, surprisingly. We ate extremely fast, stood outside the Bishan station, waiting for the impossible: a taxi to stop for us.
After exactly 22 minutes of panicking and "Ohmygoodness we are going to be so LATE!"s and frantic crossing of roads (in order to find the best location for getting a taxi ie much before the mrt taxi stand heehee), a nice cabby finally pulled up and took us to Clementi.
:)
We got there at 7.40 (the tickets specified 7.30), met Janice and her boyfriend Daryl (hmm too many people have this name now) in the foyer, found out they were sitting about five seats away from us, went in to the theatre, sat down next to Jiawei and Darrell (SEE?!) and then the opening band, well, opened.
I think they were called The Super Illegals.
?!??!!
Well, aside from the fact their lead singer was behaving like she was high on heroin and her voice couldnt be heard at all, I think the instrumental was not bad.
.. Okay so they sounded good when she wasnt singing.
Anyhow, Electrico was a much better change from The Super Illegals, but I think they perform better at their small gigs. And they dont seem to have enough mind-blowing numbers to make a good live concert.
It didn't help that the crowd was pretty dead, since seats were allocated. Of course, we stood up and went to stand in front of the people who paid 48 bucks for their tickets, along with a whole bunch of other people, but it just wasnt... I dont know, crazy enough. Doesnt help that the last live I went to was Hoobastank's, even though I prefer Electrico's music to theirs (I never touched them again after hearing The Reason play on radio two thousand and fifty-seven times a day), I have to say I enjoyed Hoobastank's much better.
Its alright for a 1st whole concert, I suppose, but the venue wasnt too kind on those who bought $18 tickets, meaning they had to sit on the second level = couldnt come down to the stage.
After the concert, we dilly-dallied around and Lorraine decided that she really wanted their autographs and really wanted their new, revised Hip City album.
Finally reached home at 12.30am and supper plans were dashed because it was too late, or rather, too early. I was knocked out and then rudely awakened by my alarm the next morning, at the unearthly hour of 9am.
:(!
To meet Zixin at YCK station at 10am, so that we could eat and go to school for an ogl meeting.
You know, Zeyi failed to mention that the ogl meeting would last the entire day.
And Zixin was late, but I had a nice time stoning at the station trying to keep my eyelids from closing and blasting Suspended Animation instead of something like Travis so that I wouldnt fall asleep.
It was a desperate attempt, but it kept me alive until Zixin showed up and the both of us zombied our way through eating and school. In her case, breakfast. In my case, caffeine fix.
So it dawned on me later when we were doing mass dances in school like a group of energizer bunnies that I was unbelievably hungry.
So hungry.
So so so so so so so hungry.
Oh yes. O2 seems promising, with the incredible enthusiasm of the OGLs and good council elects. Honestly, Yici and I (who are in the same CREW! Much to my happiness and her feigned horror) were just like "What?" because everybody around us was yelling and screaming and cheering. It wasnt until my hunger pangs finally turned my abdomen numb that I was able to stop thinking about food. And mass dances kind of got us high too. Plus, we ended off with cheering. What more can I say?
So if anyone tells you youre in Athena - Amigo, you're under my caaaare baby.
Remind me never to take buses home again after 6pm, even if its raining like there's no tomorrow. In peak hour traffic, the bus goes slower than a tortoise with arthitis.
Still, I fell asleep, woke up at Ang Mo Kio avenue 3 (I always seem to wake up here, two stops before mine, no idea why) and groggily made my way home, cold, wet and hungry.
See why I'm so tired?
But I finally got my time when I was eating the best-tasting bowl of instant noodles and watching episode 16 of Heroes just three hours ago.
Probably best-tasting because I had gone 10 hours without food, an amazing feat for Dan.

Because Zixin looks cool. Because Zixin thinks green lighting looks cool. Because Lorraine's irises decided to take a walk and she looks really scary without them.

Zixin is smokinnn'.

I have a lot of cheek.
[edit] there were originally 14 photos in this post, but I had to remove all the concert pictures because for some strange reason or other, when the concert pictures are up, my blog cant be viewed in IE that is, the posts go on their inexplicable disappearing spree again, as what happened to my exciting birthday post. I hate it when I have to delete long posts that I like fairly much. Unfortunately, no concert pictures for you! Maybe IE doesnt like Electrico. And I just spend an hour trying to get the pictures to appear on another post (you see, i thought maybe there were too many photos on a single post and IE couldnt handle that) and splitting them up so that they wouldnt be in a chunk (maybe two entries) but OH NO NO NO IE just hates electrico so I hate IE for wasting all my time on this when I could have been reading Great Expectations. I havent started on it and I bet people have already finished. GRWARRRR. [/edit]
03032007; 11:47pm