wrong person, wrong people.
WELL WELL WELL I HAD AN EXTREMELY GOOD DAY!
First of all, I watched Prison Break episode 21 season 2. It is, simply put, mind-blowing awesomeness.
Secondly, I realise I do in fact have a career as a safe-breaker. This morning, Nicholas brought his combination lock to school, but forgot his combination.
I decided to help.
You know what happens in movies with these combination lock things, where someone turns the lock very slowly and shuts their eyes and there's dramatic, suspenseful music playing in the background (like The Italian Job) ...
Well, that's what happened today, excluding the soundtrack.
I SOLVED A COMBINATION BY FEEL!!!!!
However, I didnt realise it immediately, but I had the three numbers out (I shant post it here for everyone would know the combination to Nicholas' lock as a result).
me: ... :( i have three numbers but it still wont open...
bryan: OOH LEMME TRY.
me: okay the numbers ive got is _, __ and __.
Two minutes later...
xiangling: GASP.
bryan: WOOHOO (dangles open lock around).
me: OH MY GOD
nicholas: OH MY GOD
yici: OH MY GOD
You go, B. Chan!
Well later he says that all he did was permutate and combine (I was about to type combinate) the three numbers that I gave him.
So he concluded that when we take the A levels, I should study and he should write the answers.
...
I made my debut writing for
Subjectif today. It was honestly not much, because Qian Rou was going nuts with the laptop at the Cosiety booth (oh yes. We have a booth because it is Arts Day. Arts Day at VJC is wonderful. I shall talk about that later). I think I even have a couple of photographs up from the Igloo Anniversary album (in Perspectif) though.
I think I'm addicted to laptops. My desktop computer has been fixed and yet I'm still refusing to use it, still making full use of my dad's laptop when he's not at home.
Maybe it is because I cannot sit on the bed and use a desktop computer at the same time.
...Great observation, Dan!
As I was saying, Arts Day is wonderful. An entire day (without lessons except PW, but that's because geography tutorial was cancelled) dedicated to celebrating the arts! Oh ho ho, what more could I ask for.
Well actually it wasnt very interesting. But hey, I'd rather this than an econs lecture!
Still it wasnt DEAD boring, see. We had Forum Theatre then the producer and director and lead actor of Cages (worst movie of the year, despite gorgeous photography! as mentioned before) gave us a talk.
In which we were breaking a lock.
They asked some questions during the so-called interaction (read: it wasnt very interactive).
1. How many like the movies?
2. How many have watched a movie in the past month?
3. How many have watched a movie in the past week?
4. How many want to work in the entertainment industry?
5. How many want to work in television?
6. How many want to make a film?
It was rather tiring keeping my hand up all the time.
But the local film industry is, very sadly, so dead that decay has begun to set in.
The rest of my time was spent wandering around school and hanging out at the Cosiety booth, which featured live-blogging today.
It was in the concourse, right where the SAF pop band was playing. And I have to say, the SAF pop band is Very Good even though their uniform is Very Ugly.
And the lead singer's voice is HOT. Well, but maybe most wont agree with me because he is pale and tall and skinny and dorky and I like pale and tall and skinny and dorky when most people like tall dark and handsome.
Oh well. Actually the colour doesnt really matter (that's the best circumstance though). I dont discriminate based on colour, but you've to be tall(er than me?) and skinny and dorky. And having a hot voice would undoubtly contribute.
Indeed.
So, Cosiety featured live-blogging today.
Live-blogging = we sit at the booth with laptops in front of us and blog, while our screen is being projected onto this huge... well, screen, next to us.
It was fun, but I reckon no one would be able to understand our post. If you do, congratulations to you. You're as insane as we are.
But do go check the site out, especially if you're a Victorian. I think it's great!
(Actually I also think I may be biased, because I am in 2/3 of the CCA that makes up Cosiety. But then again, maybe not.)
Geog tutorial was cancelled, so I sat in the canteen from 1245 to 1430 doing absolutely nothing except eating, drinking, talking and making merry.
Poor Historians had lessons anyway! And guys, I really mean it. Do not think me sarcastic. I am a nice, nice, nice nice nice nice nice nice nice person.
Right.
Well now I'm off to experiment with more locks and slowly discover my career as a well-paid kleptomaniac.
.. Hopefully.
(Actually, I am just going offline to have my dinner. But you don't really have to know that.)
(And today I learnt that [these] are called brackets and that (these) are called parantheses. I never knew! I always thought that Parantheses was the name of some kind of Greek goddess. Obviously my knowledge in mythology sucks worse than your household vacuum cleaner.
Have a nice day, folks! And hee hee hee, dont let me know where your lockers are anymore...)
Oh yes.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAIME!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was nice seeing everybody last night at New York New York (at amk central, what do you expect?! We go to town?!) namely Kelly, Pauline, Jaime, Xinjin, Reen and Jennifer. Ahhhh and each one of us was wearing different uniforms, meaning that comparison of uniforms was inevitable.
I think AJ's not so bad after all, since they get to wear the tie the whole day on their tie day. I really think that we should wear our tie ALL THE TIME! It gives the uniform colour damnit.
And VJ is by far the most colourless uniform I have ever donned, though I have seen much uglier. Actually if youre tanned you'd look good in the uniform, except no, I'm pale as pale as my bedroom carpet so you can imagine that I walk around the school blending into the beige walls (yes, even our walls are the same colour as our uniform) such that all people can see of me anymore is my hair.
Fascinating.
I'm digressing. Off to (coughcough) break locks!
(Or rather, watch American Idol.)
28032007; 06:16pm