PERSPECTIVE.

(or 'perspectif', as VJPhotosoc would like to call it.)

There should be some kind of television show on which hopeless slobs submit in home videos of their unbelievable living conditions and hired Neat Freaks come on the show to help organise their lives.

I mean, I'm sure my home video would get selected.

Maybe I will make one in the near future to post on Youtube!

I am here to make a To-Do list of things to do over the weekend/labour day because I realise my life is in total unimaginable chaos:

Schoolwork
- Great Expectations volume 1 essay (DAMNIT): 3-4 pages
- Geometric progression assignment: due tomorrow
- Arithmatic progression assignment: due last friday
- Economics tutorial: questions 3, 4, 5, due monday.
- Economics test: next thursday.
- Project work: group project proposal due wednesday.
- Project work: Evaluation of material #1 due wednesday.
- Executive committee forms: due friday and tuesday.
- Geography: limestone karst thingie due on wednesday.
- Knowledge and Inquiry: research on the politics due thursday.

... DAMNIT.

Other Stuff (though not deemed any less important)
- Watch Pan's Labyrinth
- Go shooting on saturday
- Submit AJC's 'Senses' exhibition photo for printing by monday.
- Meet up with PW group on labour day for EoM and GPP
- Meet up with Photosoc for outing with RJ-ians (?!) who are apparently very pro so go!
- Read stack of Time magazines
- Finish The Philosophy Gym
- Finish The Broker
- Finish Grey's Anatomy season 3.

I realise I always leave things hanging. And my stupid choice of taking 5 h2 subjects might not be such a good choice after all.

Dear Mr. Tan gave us (photosoc juniors) our first lesson in the eight-week long photography course today and whoa, I now remember why I never opened my camera manual before and decided to (not so smartly) work out things on my own.

I am not a technical person, can you tell yet?

But anyway, old Mr. Tan is Cool.

The decision to enter Lumiere, albeit last-minute-

Okay I think I have never told you the story. I shall tell you the story.

One fine saturday I look at the date on my calendar and realise it looks awfully familiar and it felt like some kind of deadline to me. So I paused for a moment and flipped through my sparsely-written notebook until I reached the said, familiar date and then went into a state of frenzy because I had wanted to enter this competition ever since I saw the poster online a very very very very veryyyy long time ago.

Because I've never entered a photo competition before.

As a result, I surfed My Pictures (and it dawned on me then that My Pictures was honestly not sufficiently stocked) and whatever I chanced upon in my collection that looked 'illuminated' or whatnot I saved then rushed down to the nearest, most reliable AND I know for sure almost always empty Kodak printing shop with a very nice Uncle who watches tv in his store.

Then while waiting for the photographs to print, I fill in my entry forms and decide to wander around on the hunt for a large enough envelope because my Home is not in regular stock of (actually, anything, but then again) big brown professional-looking large-enough-to-put-8Rs envelopes.

So I bought some, destroyed the whole packaged Top Secret Information look by scribbling on the front and spelling my own name wrongly (which required cancellation as a result) then collected my photos and made my way to the Drop-off Point of Doom.

Lucky for me I live near the precinct (can it be called such?) of Bishan where Raffles Junior College, that cold-looking concrete green and white metallic 14-blocked structure with lecture theatres the size of Shaw cinemas, is currently housed and terrorizing nearby schools with its Eliticity.

So I reach there, curse when the general office is closed (it says "Deliver by hand to the general office. Late entries will not be entertained.) and slip it under the damned door anyway then run off hoping that you are actually allowed to slip suspicious brown envelopes with ugly handwriting under the door.

Then realising that it is surprisingly easy to plant a bomb in RJC.

But that, however, is not the point.

The point is, a few weeks later I got a very nice SMS from a very nice organiser of the SSPC event so I was very pleased!

Since it was a last-minute, badly arranged My First Competition kind of thing.

And now it has come to my attention that I have successfully managed to waste close to an hour doing absolutely nothing. Well done, Dan.

I suppose you're waiting for me to go fnd do my math assignments now.

You shall not have that satisfaction!!!!

For I shall go on to discuss worldly issues that really affect Singaporeans of today.

.. Then again, maybe not. But I am inclined , however, to post the QOTD:

(Scene: Kristi, Yici and I walking out of school, past a Singapore Tourism bus that just went past promoting the 'magical things' of Singapore)

yici: You've got to be kidding me. Nothing special ever happens to us! I mean, even the TSUNAMI missed us!!!!

This girl is PRICELESS.

26042007; 09:59pm







@gmail
07A11's dead blog
I used to write for...
photosoc!
'Dan With +5 Intelligence'

readingmaterial
Dr. McNinja
McSweeney's Internet Tendencies
My Dad is a FOB
My Mom is a FOB
Perry Bible Fellowship
ThingsWeForget

bryan,
cheryl,
daryl,
faith,
liz,
qianrou,
rebekah,
tristan,
xiangling,
zixin,


inretrospect
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010