A Completely Empty Saturday
I would like to say that I had woken up mighty early this morning and made great use of my time to do constructive things ie reading up on global affairs and leading the country in a revolution.
Unfortunately, I didn't.
In fact, last night I managed to fall asleep doing these things
a) reading Neil Humphrey
b) listening to Coldplay
c) messaging
and when my father came home at 1am (he works night shift), he found me sprawled on the bed with the lights on, fan on, computer on, book and phone on the bed.
He didn't wake me up.
So this morning, I was rudely awakened when my phone alarm rang at 6:15am. For some reason, when I reached out to shut my phone up where it usually was (on the bedside table), it wasn't there.
And then I realised my bolster was emitting the annoying rings. That couldn't be.
And then I realised that my brain wasn't making much sense, so I fiddled with my bolster and found my phone, by this time screaming its keypad off for my attention.
Thinking it was a bloody schoolday, I automatically pressed the snooze button and went back to bed.
I did not think it was queer that my phone was in my bolster.
By 6:25, I was lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling fan and wondering why my parents hadn't come into my room to yell that I was going to be late for school yet.
...
And then it hit me.
Like a big yellow tractor outside your bathroom window ready to demolish your house.
(... recognise that!)
TODAY IS A SATURDAY.
I said aloud, 'Aah damn it!' and flicked a switch off in my brain so sleep consumed me again.
Am I not a genius?!
When I eventually got up at 9.30am, I drank water and noticed that I forgot to wear my retainers to bed.
(wait a second)
Then I noticed that my computer was humming away (probably from overwork) in a corner of my room.
(wait another second)
Then I noticed that there was a message on my phone that came in at 2331 last night. Sorry, chan! :/
...
And then this time the yellow tractor already struck, when I remembered that I had closed my eyes for two seconds last night to think then POOF! I was sent to sweet, sweet dreamland.
Oh well.
I would also like to say that I went out today (lunch with liz and jac!) and saw troops of people wearing green and singing 'Heal The World' (Captain Planet would do, too) in the name of spreading good ol' environmental love but that, unfortunately, wasn't the case. Town is still an amazing myriad of, in varying degrees, badly-dressed folk who were not wearing green.
I know that wearing green doesnt do much for the planet, but hey, it's promotion.
I actually have a lot to say about Live Earth. About how Mediacorp was advertising it as if it were a local concert organised by them, about how changing Mediacorp logos to green wouldn't do a bloody, bloody, bloody thing for the damned planet and how there ought to be other outlets of showing our support, instead of just donning a green teeshirt.
I'm for the donning of a green shirt this weekend, by the way. And Live Earth. Today I saw someone wearing a shirt that said, "MAKE MUSIC, NOT WAR.' Good on you, mate. I know its a collaborative, international effort for a good cause but couldnt Singaporeans contribute in bigger way than just wearing green and watching the concert?
The point is: Will changing Mediacorp logos to green help reduce carbon emissions? Halt global warming? Conserve resources? Stop the earth from dying?
Can't we do more than that?
... I don't know.
Then again, the sad thing is, I didn't even see many in green.
Went to Liz and Jac's place after wandering around. Jac's got a BIG NEW four poster bed!

Check it ouuuut.

And that lucky thing, a wardrobe one can stand in.

See? So happy.
So we sat in her bed to chat and sing and wait for artlaoshi to arrive.
During art, shit descended from the ceiling and landed next to Elizabeth's sketchbook.
she: LUCKY IT DIDN'T LAND ON ME
me: .. lucky it didn't land in the bag of chips!
she: ...
BUT but but but, and this is called retribution/karma/whatever, I felt a wet drop land on the back of my neck when I was leaning over my book.
My first thought was, '...Shit.' and the second was '...SHIT!'
I got shat on!!!!
I came out of the toilet after washing up to see laoshi, jac and liz standing indoors (we have art in the side patio) and scrutinizing the ceiling.
There were FOUR FREAKING LIZARDS.
CRAWLING ABOVE US AS WE HAD LESSON.
FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Later one dropped on Jac's painting as we were trying to swat it away and she screamed and screamed and screamed and screamed at its motionless body on her precious work.
So. Today, I got shat on, but the most EE (Exciting Event) has yet to be mentioned.
Many people have been inquiring about my wounds that I had gotten last week. I took 13 pictures of the one on my knee, for your viewing pleasure, but then to be merciful, I am only posting up one picture.
(:
Prepare yourselves!

Ooooooooooh.
Exciting Event of The Day: (EEOTD)
A desperate Auntie who has obviously never been to a sale nearly gauged my eyeball out with a Zara hanger while searching for her size.
Exciiiiiting.
(by the way, don't you love the date today?)
---
'Come out of things unsaid
Shoot an apple off my head.'
---
070707; 11:20pm