I've decided
That it is Time I post things of substance.
---
After a five-hour reading marathon on modernism and related -isms, I'm beginning to understand how it came about in the first place. And The Second Coming, The Second Coming is definitely on the way, no matter what @#$%^&* Bush says.
Seriously.
Though another topic that has bogged me down is how the USA government is so concerned about helping developing/war-torn countries when they can't even manage themselves. Some countries just seem to help themselves to the IMF pretty often, eh. In cities I shall not name part of the afore-mentioned country, there are living conditions worst than those in developing countries. Honestly, get your own country in order before barking at others.
I'm in a pissed-off-at-the-world mood, in case you can't tell.
ANOTHER topic that I've been furious about is the environmental degradation. You hear new record-setting floods, typhoons and earthquakes every day. What do we, intelligent rational human beings, do? We build more structures, use more money and invest in more 'high-technology' - yet completely ignore the root of the cause. The root in land reclamation, in attempts to manipulate nature, the root in exploiting our surroundings. Instead of accepting the earth's retaliation and try to heal it, we fight back with machines and computers and incessant numbers, money, calculations, predictions, radars, levees and whatthefucks. Levees that will fall again because nature is stronger than cement. Technology that might fail based on human error in construction. Instead, the Very Smart Country (i use them again as a wonderful example of glowing intelligence) decides to fight a certain Hurricane K with the destruction of natural hurricane buffers like swamps and replacing them with walls wallls walls wallswallswallswalls.
You go, Hurricane K.
My mother and my friends have of late been asking me why I am adamant about not attending law school. You see, it's the morals thing and its the I-hate-laws thing. I may not have much, but defending someone I know is guilty is just... not for me. I cannot. Cannot. For example, my mum read out an article in the paper today about a lawyer who defended a molester by (dont blink now) saying that breasts 'are not private parts'.
Now that has got to be the joke of the fucking year.
And a lawyer that would never get any more clients.
.. But I'm not saying that you people out there shouldn't be lawyers. I'm just saying I'm not cut out for it. I may need you guys some day when I get arrested for blogging.
26082007; 12:21am