Scenes from a Memory

Suddenly life has slowed down in pace a lot and I'm not constantly surrounded by a hell lot of crazy people 24/7. ):

... And I hate hate hate haaaaaaate unpacking! Maybe I shouldnt have bought so many things.

Slept for more than twelve hours last night. My bed feels really good after sleeping on a cranky sofa bed the past week haha.

I have decided to blog about this trip in terms of events, not timeline, because timeline would take REEEEEALLY long and I am a lazy ass. So here are some of the things I can remember.

LESSONS AT WASEDA UNIVERSITY

We had lectures on political science, business and East/West culture. Sounds interesting? It WAS interesting! It was reeeally good. Except the some were on the day after we went to disneyland (more on that later) so us tired beings fell asleep.

=/ sorry professors.



VJ on campus tour! Arent the trees pretty.



Jiayi Faith JayZ (haha juan zhen) and Zhihui in front of the pretty campus bus.



Pretty leaves.

We attended tutorials and Japanese class (oh man haha) too. Which tutorial you attended was really based on your luck; some people got financial econs, law and what not. I got communications, which wasnt too bad. We ended up discussing weddings in different countries.

Japanese class! They were trying to stuff as much basic Japanese into our slow heads before we left for the Japanese (cough all-boys) senior high school. My Japanese name (apparently) is Danieru! So all they managed to teach me was: "Konnichiwa, Vikutoria kookoo no Danieru des! Doozo yoroshiku onegaishimasu."

And I have no idea if I got that right or not.





Yvonne!!!!!



Zhiyang, JayZ and Sarah haha.

PEOPLE

Since this is my 1st post about Japan, I better introduce everyone first.




Girls! Clockwise from top left: Rachel, Yvonne, Jiayi, Zhihui, Sarah, Faith, Juan Zhen, me, Gwen, Xueling, Su Yi, Shu Ling and Justyne.




Errr... our uber act cool camwhores guys! Shane, Zhiquan, Wilson, Clarence, Mervin, Zhiyang and Shao Sheng haha.



ROOMMATES Sarah and Justyne at the hotel lobby! Hahaha.



JAYZ and I on the bus! Trying to catch the sunset at the beach haha.



Yvonne! Entertainment on legs.



My assigned group as we walked through Kamakura on our own!!!! - me, Zhiquan, Shao Sheng (THE UNCLE), Su yi and Xueling. Got semi-lost twice. But that's okay haha because we had the Uncle to entertain us. And Suyi to put him down every few minutes.



Tanaka-san (part of the university staff!) and the Famous Five. Now they earned themselves the name because they were always (a) late and (b) posing for boyband pictures at landmarks. They are in this strange pose because Tanaka found them far away from the hotel when they told him they were going to the convenience store opposite at night (this pose is supposed to resemble holding a trolley - i dont know how).



Special feature: SHAOSHENG the (sekretly very buff because he is a swimmer) Uncle washing money at a temple. Apparently his money is supposed to double haha so he washed his 10 000 dollar note. And hes very proud to be our Uncle.



This is Shane carrying 26 kg in the Edo-Tokyo Museum. Zhihui says that his shoes are capable of 'sending people into epileptic fits'. Shane is my trip audio buddy - because he has sexy amplifier headphones - and the only other person I know who listens to The Decemberists.



VJC + Melody in the middle! Melody is a university student of SILS from Singapore.

Ah and I've been taking forever on this post so I'm going off now. Tired of resizing hahaha

Thank you TANYUANN and REBEKAHBEK for listening to me ramble about stuff and giving me incredible advice (: you guys are the best.

04122007; 11:26pm







@gmail
07A11's dead blog
I used to write for...
photosoc!
'Dan With +5 Intelligence'

readingmaterial
Dr. McNinja
McSweeney's Internet Tendencies
My Dad is a FOB
My Mom is a FOB
Perry Bible Fellowship
ThingsWeForget

bryan,
cheryl,
daryl,
faith,
liz,
qianrou,
rebekah,
tristan,
xiangling,
zixin,


inretrospect
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010