McFlurry

This fortnight has been a flurry of activity. Actually, no. A 'McFlurry' of activity. FAST (as in, fast food! Geddit geddit geddit :D?)!!!

... I think I've strayed from academics and intellectual things for too long. Two weeks is a long time.

It's been a time of fun, friends, frivolity and ultimately... INDULGENCE. I did try to come up with a word that would alliterate with the rest of my adjectives but my lazy, mushy brain simply did not allow it.

Although I must say, I did engage in some fiscal activity now and then! And by this particular 'fiscal activity' I meant creating more of a SURPLUS rather than a DEFICIT, though from the looks of it I think I managed to even my finances out (ie I spent as much as I've earned this week).

Significant developments in my life include:

1) Getting sunburnt on the scalp, which, by the way, has never happened to me before.

And I find this amazing because of several things. Firstly, though I admit I have significantly less hair follicles than the Average Human Being, at the beach I was in the company of three army boys with minimal hair and none of them had, well, scalp burns. Secondly, I wore a hat. A HAT. Not most of the time, but I had a hat.

And thirdly, I put on the most sunblock! Albeit not on my HEAD, but still. It is simply unfair that the person who slapped on the most sunblock (attibuted to the fact yours truly is more white and pasty than your Average Human Being - and yes, all that and without much hair. How do I live, you ask? I must be hideous! - thus, is much more vulnerable to the sun) should suffer from such terrible burns.

One would expect the sunblock to sink into my bloodstream through the pores on my arms and therefore protect the extremely sensitive skin on the top of my head via healthy circulation. Someone should invent sunblock like that.

And it hurts to shampoo :(

2) Played poker for the first time in six months - and it is undeniably more fun than I remembered.

(In case you think I deemed it unfun before, I hadn't. On the contrary, we have ever skipped many, many classes just to play poker. And this was in the later half of the J2 academic year.)

3) My appetite seems uncontrollably and unusually large.

4) My love for P.G. Wodehouse has returned after finding an extremely dusty, extremely secret stash of my mother's in the Cupboard That I Never Open that sits above my desk.

Yes, above my desk.

The cupboard's secrecy is heightened because I am much, much shorter than your Average Human Being and, therefore, am bounded by my shortcomings of physicality to open it on a regular basis.

(And OMG! I just made an unintended pun and I only realised it after I reread what I just wrote! 'Heightened'! GEDDIT GEDDIT :D???)

5) Faith taught us girls how to make our own accessories. I know this sounds extremely girlish and you'd expect us to be doing manicures and talking about boys and cooties and sitting around with curlers in our hair - but oh my goodness! My friday was hours spent bent over a table wrestling with pliers and wires. We must be so misunderstood.

6) I seem to have a growing disregard for Sleep.

20062009; 11:39pm







@gmail
07A11's dead blog
I used to write for...
photosoc!
'Dan With +5 Intelligence'

readingmaterial
Dr. McNinja
McSweeney's Internet Tendencies
My Dad is a FOB
My Mom is a FOB
Perry Bible Fellowship
ThingsWeForget

bryan,
cheryl,
daryl,
faith,
liz,
qianrou,
rebekah,
tristan,
xiangling,
zixin,


inretrospect
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010